Dandruff is usually seasonal. It is most severe during the winter and mildest during the summer. Dandruff scales usually occur as small, round, white-to-gray patches on top of the head. Scaling can occur anywhere on the scalp, in the hair, on the eyebrows, the beard and can spread to the neck and shoulders. Dandruff is often known as "dry scalp", but people with oily scalps tend to suffer the most. An oily scalp also supports the growth of P. ovale.
Causes of Dandruff:
• hormonal imbalance
• poor health
• excessive perspiration
• poor hygiene
• allergic hypersensitive
• lack of rest
• emotional stress
• excessive consumption of sugar, fat, starch
• improper nutrition
• heredity predisposition
• excessive use of hair sprays and gels.
• improper use of hair-coloring products or excessive use of electric hair curlers or curling irons.
• cold weather and dry indoor heating.
• tight fitting hats.
• infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate rinsing.
• stress, anxiety and tension.
• Itchy scalp.
• White or gray flakes that are obvious on hair and clothing.
Homemade Remedies for Dandruff:
To clear up dandruff you need to counter the cause of the dandruff: your scalp's acidic pH level. You should restore your scalp's natural alkaline pH level.
1. Add six spoonfuls water, two spoonfuls pure vinegar and apply it on the scalp with cotton wool before going to bed. Tie a towel around your head to protect the pillow. Wash your hair next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Continue this once a week for at least three months.
2. Mix a spoonful of lemon juice with two spoonfuls of vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo after this.
3. Soak fenugreek (methi) seeds in yogurt overnight and apply the curd on your scalp for half an hour before washing in the morning.
4. Hair washed with fenugreek (methi) seed paste prevents dandruff, falling hair, baldness and dandruff keeping the hair long, healthy and black. Just soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in water to soften the seeds and grind in the morning to make paste. Before hair wash, apply this paste on scalp and hair and leave it on for half an hour. Wash off with shampoo later.
5. Egg Pack for Dandruff: Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the egg mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and let the mixture on for ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Then rinse the hair with lukewarm water. This will keep both dandruff and hair fall problem away from you.
6. Natural Anti-Dandruff Massage:
• Massage your scalp with warm coconut or castor oil twice a week.
• Massage with the tips of your fingers in a circular movement for at least half an hour.
• Leave it on overnight and shampoo the following morning.
• This prevents the hair from becoming dry and moreover prevents dandruff and falling hair by improving the circulation and strengthening the hair roots.
Anti-Dandruff Rosemary Preparation for dandruff:
Rosemary Leaves 1 handful
Water 1 litre
Vinegar 2 tsp
Boil the water and soak rosemary leaves in it. Let it stand for one night. Strain and add vinegar to it. After shampooing wash your hair with this preparation. It treats the hair very fast.